Frequently Asked Questions About Husky Corporation

Q: What is the difference between X & XS, VIII & VIIIS nozzels?

A: The “S” indicates the nozzle is pressure activated. The dispenser must be pressurized/turned on before the nozzle is engaged in order to dispense fuel. This is mainly used for prepay applications.

Q: What is the standard guard color?

A: Unleaded fueling is black, lead or diesel fueling is green, and E-85 fueling is yellow.

Q: What fuels can be used with your nozzles?

A: Gasoline, diesel, aviation gas, jet fuel, kerosene, and gasohol.

A: We offer special products for E-85 fueling.

Q: Does Husky offer a nozzle that will work with gravity tanks?

A: We do not have a nozzle to use with gravity tanks.

Q: Can you use galvanized pipe instead of plastic pipe for creating a low level alarm sensor?

A: Yes. Either material is acceptable.

Q: Can you run an extra siren or strobe light from the SV or SVT solenoid valve?

A: It is recommended to connect additional sirens and strobe lights to the terminals found on the main control panel of the system only.

Q: Can I run the 007 control panel and solenoid valves off the same 12 volt transformer?

A: No. Each device must be powered by its own 12 volt transformer.

Q: Do I need to run a direct line from my TM3 to my diaphragm pump?

A: Yes. The TM3 must be installed upstream of the diaphragm pump that is being controlled.

Q: Do I need certain gauge wire to connect a remote sensor or accessory to my Sentry or 007 control unit?

A: Yes. Use 18-gauge/2 conductor wire up to 150 ft. or 14-gauge/2 conductor wire up to 350 ft. to connect all components.

Q: How do I order a jarhead tank gage for a tank that has a riser as part of the inlet bung?

A: When placing an order be sure to define the tank depth in inches and the height of the riser in inches. This will ensure that the jar head linkages are properly manufactured to ensure gauge accuracy.

Q: Can I connect additional remote tank sensors to my Sentry or 007 tank monitor?

A: Yes. Connecting additional remote tank sensors is explained within the instruction sheets for each model.

Q: Is the float sensor in the 007 tank monitor a normally opened switch or normally closed?

A: It is a normally closed switch. In a high level alarm condition the float rises and breaks the circuit sending the monitor into alarm.

Q: Is the float sensor in the Sentry tank monitor a normally opened switch or normally closed?

A: It is a normally opened switch. In a high level alarm condition the float rises and completes the circuit sending the monitor into alarm.

Q: Can I get a jarhead tank guage in a 1 ½” NPT thread?

A: Yes. This must be specified when the order is placed as standard jarheads are 2” NPT.

Q: Can I use a Red Fox or Black Knight on a tank that has a 2” riser connection?

A: Yes. You will need to order the unit with the optional 1 ½” vertical float assembly.

Q: Can I use a BJE Jarhead to monitor a tank containing methanol?

A: Due to the flashpoint of methanol no BJE product is recommended for this type of fluid.

Q: Can I use a standard Jarhead to monitor my DEF tank?

A: No. Due to the materials used in a standard jarhead it is not recommended for monitoring DEF due to contamination concerns. A newly designed Jarhead is now available to monitor DEF liquid levels.

Q: Where can I purchase repair parts for my BJE filter crusher?

A: You can purchase repair parts directly from BJE. Just contact our customer service department at 1-800-325-3558.

Q: Will the additional Sirens and Strobe lights work with the Sentry tank monitors?

A: No. The Sentry is not designed to handle additional sirens or strobes. If you need additional sirens and strobes in your application we recommend you upgrade to the 007 tank monitor.

Q: Can I buy replacement parts for my TM1 tank alarm?

A: No. The TM1 was replaced by the 007 tank monitor a number of years ago. If a TM1 has failed we suggest you replace your system with 007 tank monitor and a 007SV or 007SVT solenoid valve. The 007 unit comes with a separate control panel and a remote tank sensor. To achieve air shutoff to a diaphragm pump an additional solenoid valve (007SV or 007SVT) is also required.